By Ravish Amin
To write a good patient note during your nephrology, cardiology, and pulmonary medicine rotations, you have to know the common medical formulas. The Calculate app from QxMD Medical Software will help you calculate:
- For Nephrology – eGFR with CKD-Epi, the Cockcroft-Gault equation, MDRD, anion gap, creatinine clearance, FeNa, and water deficit for hypernatremic patients.
- For Cardiology – the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores, CHADS2 score for atrial fibrillation, mean arterial pressure, LV stroke work, cardiac index, cardiac output, and the TIMI risk score.
- For Pulmonology – A-a gradient, ABG, pulmonary shunt, pulmonary vascular resistance, oxygen delivery, oxygen saturation, and lung volume.
Watch a video before you download it. Even better? The app is free!
- Levey AS, Greene T, Kusek JW, Beck GL, MDRD Study Group. A simplified equation to predict glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine [abstract]. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:155A.
- National Kidney Foundation K/DOQI Clinical Practice Guidelines for Nutrition in Renal Failure: Appendices – Adult Guidelines. Estimation of Glomerular Filtration Rate.
- Wilson PW, et al. Prediction of coronary heart disease using risk factor categories. Circulation. 1998;97:1837-47.
- Wiviott SD, Morrow DA, Frederick PD, Antman EM, Braunwald E, National Registry of Myocardial Infarction. Application of the Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction risk index in non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: evaluation of patients in the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;47:1553-8.
Categories: Mobile Apps Reviews