I enjoy developing web applications using the content management systems (CMS) Drupal and WordPress. Both CMS applications provide scalable architecture on the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL) and are maintained by a tremendous network of developers contributing to enhancing web development.
As increased healthcare IT apps are developed and data is generated, both Drupal and WordPress are uniquely positioned to develop data-driven websites with features including:
- Web publishing – OpenPublish distribution using Drupal and blogging using WordPress.
- Multisite Installations, Multiple User Roles – Drupal features unique user role modules and permission grids for customizing login and updating sites. WordPress has a multisite feature allowing multiple blogs to be published for developing microsites or region-specific sites.
- Modules and Plugins – Site customization for plug and play websites is supported by developers contributing to plugins and modules.
Healthcare websites that are ideal for Drupal and WordPress
- Physician practice websites
- Hospital network websites sharing patient data
- University websites requiring web publishing
- Apps powered on Drupal
Healthcare IT continues to play an increasingly important role in improving healthcare performance and delivery. Both Drupal and WordPress are developer supported and promising CMS platforms for creating innovative websites and web applications.