With this edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1, we continue our commitment to providing students with the most useful and up-to-date preparation guide for the USMLE Step 1. This edition represents an unprecedented revision to the text and illustrations, including:
- Over 50 entirely new facts and over 500 major fact updates based on the largest student survey in First Aid history.
- Extensive text revisions, new mnemonics, clarifications, and corrections curated by a team of 30 student authors who excelled on their Step 1 examinations. Revisions were based on over 3,000 suggestions received, and nearly 100,000 votes cast, and then verified by an expanded team of expert faculty reviewers.
- Updated with more than 350 full-color images to help visualize various disorders, descriptive findings, and basic science concepts. Labeled and captioned photographs were selected to aid retention by engaging visual memory in a manner complementary to mnemonics.
- Updated with 100+ new or revised diagrams. In partnership with USMLE-Rx.com (MedIQ Learning, LLC), we have begun introducing enhanced illustrations with improved information design to help students integrate pathophysiology, therapeutics, and diseases into memorable frameworks for annotation and personalization.
- A revised exam preparation guide with updated data from the NBME and NRMP. It also features updated USMLE advice for international medical graduates and osteopathic and podiatric students.
- An updated guide to recommended USMLE Step 1 review resources, based on a nationwide survey of randomly selected third-year medical students.
- Real-time Step 1 updates and corrections can be found exclusively on our blog.
- We invite students and faculty to continue sharing their thoughts and ideas to help us continually improve First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 through our blog and collaborative editorial platform.
Louisville Tao Le
Los Angeles Vikas Bhushan
Providence Matthew Sochat
New Haven Goran Micevic
New Haven Max Petersen
San Francisco Kimberly Kallianos