First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2016 is finally here! The new edition is a labor of love representing thousands of hours of coordinated effort over the past nine months by dozens of student authors and editors, faculty experts, illustrators, and editorial staff. Some of the more notable highlights include:
- 50+ entirely new facts, including a new section on quality improvement principles and safety science (p. 44).
- Hundreds of major (and thousands of minor) fact updates culled from more than 100,000 comments and suggestions by experienced medical students and board review experts.
- 50 new or revised full-color photos to help visualize various disorders, descriptive findings, and basic science concepts. Labeling, colors, and arrows have been optimized to enhance learning and retention.
- Dozens of new and revised line diagrams that integrate pathophysiology, therapeutics, and diseases into memorable frameworks for annotation and personalization. We are sharing some example redlined pages embedded below and here so you can better appreciate the nature and extent of revisions throughout the text.
- Thicker, embossed cover and heavy-duty binding for increased durability and longevity.
We hope you enjoy this book as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Verified errata (when available) can be found exclusively here on our blog. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 is a perpetual “work in progress,” and we invite you to share your thoughts and ideas here on our blog to help us continually improve the book for future learners.
Happy holidays and best wishes for your studies in the new year,
The First Aid Team