Are you passionate about influencing innovation at the intersection of medicine, education, and technology?
At USMLE-Rx, we believe that medical students should not only be users of education resources and platforms, but makers and influencers of them. After all, as a medical student, you have firsthand expertise in how you think, what your workflow looks like, and where your needs are, and you understand precisely what you’re looking for in educational solutions to best meet those needs.
That’s why we’re announcing the First Aid/USMLE-Rx Student Council, a student-led collaborative to inform and implement innovations in educational content and technology for one of medical education’s most iconic brands. As a student advisor, you’ll have the opportunity to provide feedback on new products, implement the ideas you envision in your ideal educational platform, and shape the long-term vision of a company that provides medical review resources to 150,000+ students worldwide.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate:
- is currently enrolled in a U.S. medical school (all years invited to apply, including students in a ‘year out’ or dual-degree program)
- has a proven record of thinking out of the box, leading change at his/her institution, and bringing exciting ideas to life
- has a demonstrated interest in, or experience with, one or more of the following ‘tracks’ of expertise:
- education, curriculum design, instructional methods
- technology, programming, app design, informatics
- user experience/user interface design
- business, strategy, and entrepreneurship
- is curious, creative, collaborative, a self-starter, and an effective communicator
- is familiar with USMLE-Rx products and services
- is available to commit 2-3 hours per week and participate in monthly meetings via video conference for a minimum of one academic year, with the option for annual renewal
What we’ll provide
Student advisors will:
- have the opportunity to take on a pivotal, influential role in one of the most widely-used, best-recognized brands in medical education
- acquire firsthand insight into the processes of educational content design, technology development, and organizational strategy and leadership
- obtain scholarly experience by translating Student Council projects into conference presentations or publications
- receive advance access to pilot USMLE-Rx products and services
- receive a stipend in acknowledgement of their valuable contributions to the board
We’re currently seeking applicants for the inaugural USMLE Rx Student Council, with a one-year term starting July 1, 2016. This is a remote position with a time commitment of 2-3 hours per week.