First Aid and USMLE-Rx wants YOU!
- Do you have a flair for writing?
- Would you like author credit in a peer-reviewed publication?
- Would you like a stipend (who wouldn’t!)
- And do you want a free subscription to USMLE-Rx?
If so, then you should consider joining our outstanding author team to revise First Aid and our digital USMLE-Rx publications for future generations of medical students and professionals.
Authors contribute in a variety of ways including editing text and questions, developing medical illustrations, curating clinical images, and designing curricula. This is a great way to maintain and broaden your basic and clinical science knowledge, especially as it relates to your future medical career. Furthermore, you can enhance your CV and gain specific experience in medical education as part of your career path.
Most projects typically run 4-6 months and have an average time commitment of 5-10 hours per week. Projects are flexible and are designed to accommodate busy classroom and clinical schedules. In addition to the opportunity to improve education for medical learners worldwide, you will receive publication credit, a stipend, and a single subscription to the USMLE-Rx product of your choice. We value and reward creativity, innovation, hard work, diligence, and open collaboration. Successful authors may be promoted to lead future revisions of First Aid/USMLE-Rx publications.
If you are interested in joining, please click here to fill out the application form and provide:
- A brief statement of interest and qualifications, including long-term career goals
- Your USMLE Step 1, 2 CK, and Step 3 scores (if available)
- A current CV
- Samples of your work including high-yield texts and notes, medical illustrations and drawings, flashcards, and video talks
All information will be kept confidential. Applications received by Monday, April 24, will receive priority consideration. We will invite qualified candidates to develop or revise sample content and will also provide more details about potential roles and responsibilities.
Thank you for your interest. We hope to hear from you soon!
Tao Le, MD, MHS
Editor-in-Chief, First Aid and USMLE-Rx
Categories: Miscellaneous Announcements