Join the ScholarRx Student Advisory Council!
At ScholarRx, we believe that medical students should not only be users of educational tools and platforms, but also be creators and shapers. After all, as a medical student, you understand better than anyone what you’re looking for when it comes to solutions that best meet your needs.
That’s why we created the ScholarRx Student Advisory Council, a student-led collaborative to inform and implement innovations in content and technology for one of med-ed’s most iconic brands. As a student advisor, you’ll have the opportunity to provide feedback on new products, implement student-driven ideas and innovations, and help shape the long-term vision of a company that provides medical education resources to 150,000+ students worldwide.
We are currently seeking new members, with a one-year application beginning August 14, 2022. This is a remote position, with a time commitment of 5 hours per month. As a member, you will be attending monthly meetings with the leadership of ScholarRx, other members of the Student Advisory Council, and medical students from all around the world who are part of the Medical Student Alliance for Global Education (MeSAGE).
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate:
- is currently enrolled in a U.S. medical school (all years invited to apply, including students in a “year out” or dual-degree program)
- has a proven record of innovative thinking, leading change at his/her institution, and bringing new ideas to life
- has a demonstrated interest in, or experience with, one or more of the following “tracks” of expertise:
- education, curriculum design, instructional methods
- technology, programming, app design, data science
- user experience/user interface design
- business, strategy, and entrepreneurship
- is curious, creative, collaborative, a self-starter, and an effective communicator
- is familiar with USMLE-Rx products and services
- is available to commit 5 hours per month and participate in monthly meetings via video conference for a minimum of one academic year, with the option for annual renewal
What we’ll provide
Student advisors will:
- have the opportunity to take on a pivotal, influential role in one of the most widely-used, best-recognized brands in medical education
- acquire firsthand insight into the processes of educational content design, technology development, organizational strategy, and leadership
- obtain scholarly experience by translating Student Council projects into conference presentations or publications
- receive advance access to pilot USMLE-Rx products and services
- receive a stipend in acknowledgment of their valuable contributions to the board
To apply, please complete this form by July 20th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so the earlier that you submit, the better. We expect to make all selections by August 7th.
The ScholarRx Team