The new 2019 edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 has published. This is THE resource that all medical students use to prep for the Step 1 exam. Why is it revised every year? To make sure that you are getting the content that reflects the current exam. We have lots of help from students who have aced the exam so that all content is relevant and high yield. Make sure to pick up your copy of the 2019 edition today.
With the 29th edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1, we continue our commitment to providing students with the most useful and up-to-date preparation guide for the USMLE Step 1. This edition represents an outstanding revision in many ways, including:
- 85 entirely new or heavily revised high-yield topics reflecting evolving trends in the USMLE Step 1.
- Extensive text revisions, new mnemonics, clarifications, and corrections curated by a team of more than 40 medical student and resident physician authors who excelled on their Step 1 examinations and verified by a team of expert faculty advisors and nationally recognized USMLE instructors.
- Updated with 115 new and revised diagrams and illustrations as part of our ongoing collaboration with USMLE-Rx (MedIQ Learning, LLC).
- Updated with 35+ new full-color photos to help visualize various disorders, descriptive findings, and basic science concepts. Additionally, revised imaging photos have been labeled and optimized to show both normal anatomy and pathologic findings.
- Updated study tips on the opening page of each chapter.
- Improved integration of clinical images and illustrations to better reinforce and learn key anatomic concepts.
- Improved organization of text, figures, and tables throughout for quick review of high-yield topics.
- Revitalized coverage of current, high-yield print and digital resources in Section IV with clearer explanations of their relevance to USMLE Step 1 review.
Also, don’t forget about the new First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 1 — it includes hundreds of USMLE-type cases to give you extra practice working through patient vignettes like you’ll be presented on exam day. It’s the perfect companion to the Step 1 book!