In this AudioBrick, we are heading into neurology and the special senses by looking at synaptic transmission. Synaptic transmission is the official term for how neurons communicate with each other across the junction between them, called the synapse. We’re going to break down that process into its components, beginning with the synapse.
After listening, you should be able to:
- Define synaptic transmission and neurotransmitters.
- Describe how chemical and electrical synaptic transmission differ.
- Describe the process of chemical synaptic transmission.
- Describe the process of electrical synaptic transmission.
- Describe the main synaptic transmitters in terms of their signaling, function, and role in disease.
If you haven’t subscribed to the Rx Bricks Podcast, we suggest you do it today!
Here’s a preview:
Head to the homepage for the Rx Bricks Podcast to hear the full episode and subscribe so that you’re notified about when the next one drops.